Friday 17 May 2013

May. 17th

Week 2 / Day 1 Regional Prep

A. OHS, build to a 1RM from the floor
Got up to 225#'s
B. Perform 1Rd per min for 10mins:
5 DL @315#'s
5 BJ- 30"
Completed
C. Kipping HSPU, 50 reps for time
Time: 6m21s
D. KB Front Squats @24kgs/arm, 12 Unbroken per min for up to 10mins
(reps) 12, 12, 11, 6, 6, 7, 6, 6, 6, 6 reps

Notes:

- My knee was bad today, once every year or so I have this bone chip from a previous injury that locks my knee up and irritates my knee for a day or two. I got through it today. This wasn't a good workout today.
- The OHS, I was Clean and Jerking the bar into position, I think this will be key for the heavy weights and its more of a guranteed lift for me. I failed on 250#'s and 240#'s. Need more practice with the heavier weights, I haven't done this in a long time. I need to get a 225# OHS.
- The couplet, everything was done in 27-29sec. I did the box jumps with a step-down. This wasn't the easiest.
- Did the HSPU wrong, I went with a big set at the start and that fried my shoulders.
- This exercise sucked the most, the KB Front Squat blow. It's my shoulders and upper thoracic and fails first.

No comments:

Post a Comment