Tuesday 11 June 2013

Jun. 7-9th- CanWest Regionals

CanWest Regionals

Here's a recap for the weekend:

Event 1:

"Jackie"

For time:
1000m Row
50 Thrusters @45#'s
30 Chin-ups
Time: 6m02s (25th)

Notes:

- Held a sub 1m40s Row
- Thrusters were UB, but unfortunately I'm not a fast mover when it comes to these. I got a few no reps and my 6'4" frame doesn't aid me much
- Chin-ups were broken into 4 sets I think, I got 21 straight, then it fell apart.
- I was hurting after this workout, puked my guts out after this one.

Event 2:

OHS 3RM

Started @225#'s

Score: 245.1 (13th Tied)

Notes:

- honestly I was really nervous about starting at this weight but it went up easily and I actually hit a PR for a 3RM @235#'s


Event 3:

For time:
30 Burpee Muscle-ups (Ring Height 88")
Time: 6m31s (8th)

Notes:

- I was a little more tired going into this from the OHS and I failed 3 reps. This score should've been better but I'm still pleased with it.


Event 4:

For time:
100 Wall Balls 20lbs to 10'
100 CTB Chin-ups
100 Pistols
100 Alt. DB Power Snatches- 70#'s
Time: 25m13s (9th Tied)

Notes:

- Almost got the workout done, the DB Snatches were a grinder
- I had a full out strategy for the workout, I probably looked ridiculous but I even used my stop watch. Here's my breakdown
- Wall Balls, 12 reps every 30sec
- CTB Chin-ups, 4, 3, 3 reps, every 15sec do 1 set of those
- Pistols- steady throughout
- DB Snatches, hold on and go, this fucken sucked.


Event 5:

21, 15, 9 reps for time of:
DL @315#'s
Box Jumps- 30"
Time: 6m01s (17th)

Notes:

- this was my most disappointing workout
- I went away from my plan to optimize this workout for me, I did some really bad DL at the end


Event 6:

For time:
100 Double Unders
50 HSPU
40 T2B
30 Fat Bar STO @160#'s
90' Fat Bar Front Rack Walking Lunge
Time: 14m46s (12th)

Notes:

- This was my best workout for the weekend, I followed my own game plan and it worked perfectly for me.
- HSPU are a huge weakness for me and I was able to get through them decently and unscathed


Event 7: 

4 Rds for time:
2 Rope Climbs
100' Sprint
4 Squat Cleans @225#'s
100' Sprint
Time: 7m25s (17th)

Notes:

- I had to be really careful not to go to failure on the Squat Cleans, I took some time between reps


So I ended up coming 11th place Overall. The competition this year was noticeably better. My goal was Top 10, it was achievable but I'm still really happy with my performance. My body is still in one piece and I'm ready to compete in the first FireFit Competition this weekend!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment